Thursday 27 November 2014

Tis the Season to be Jolly

Elaine here with another card for the Winter Challenge - for this I've used the Christmas Tree and the Block Frame stamps.



I started by spraying some stamping card with Citrus Lime Ink in a Bottle and added some Green as Grass Pigment Ink.  Once this was dry I stamped the Christmas Tree twice and embossed with Midnight Sparkle embossing powder.  I then cut alternate layers (with a section above) from both trees and fastened it together with foam pads to create the decoupaged tree. 

You can just use the Christmas Tree flat but I love the movement it gives to the card. I decorated it with gems and a glittery star on top.




For the background I've silver embossed the Block Frame and then stamped and coloured in the boxes - Tis the Season (on some leftover sprayed card)  and fa-la-la-la-la from the Deck the Halls set and the Music stamp.


Hope you like my project and have been inspired to join in with the November Challenge - full details are on Facebook - the Oak House Studio page and the INKspired group.  There's a prize to be won so why not give it a go!!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

The tree looks great with the decoupage effect, and Ilove the stamping in the frame.

Sylv xx

Carol Rigby said...

Great card I love the diamante decorations. Thanks for the visit.

Jackie T said...

Hi Elaine this is a gorgeous I love the Christmas tree. Hugs Jackie