Sunday 9 November 2014

A splash of winter

It's Clare again with some more winter for you. When you think of winter we often complain about the cold weather, the dark and gloomy mornings and shorter evenings. We forget about the glorious colours we invite into our homes each christmas and that is precisely what I have added to this card.
For this card I have used:

To make this card I stamped the sentiment, holly leaves and berries with black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I painted the holly leaves first with citrus lime and then with a water brush I used my pigment ink pads to give tone to the holly leaves with forest green and Valentine to the berries. Then the spraying commenced! I love my Oak House Studio colour chemistry inks, messy but oh so much fun. Just a gentle spay of citrus lime and jubilee red and my card was complete.

Now it's your turn to turn in something crafty. Remember there is a £40 prize up for grabs. Time to start planning your entries for this months winter themed challenge.

Happy crafting,
Clare x x x

4 comments:

Elaine said...

A great Christmas card - love your use of the holly stamps and mix of colours!

Lisapmac said...

Lovely card x

Barbara said...

I really like this one Clare.....the background is fab, and the holly & berries is a lovely stamp.....I have one on my workdesk as I write xx

Lynnda said...

I love how you have use dcolour in this project

Lynnda