Saturday 25 October 2014

Upcycled beer mat with the Square Borders Stamp and ink sprays

Morning all. Here is a little coaster I made for my craft table by up-cycling 
an old cardboard beer mat. Great fun, I loved making it.
Products used:

Cobalt Blue pigment ink pad and Clear Gloss embossing powder
Gesso, scraps of white card and a magazine page
Black and white pens and a charcoal pencil

I painted the beer mat with white gesso, and once dry, I sprayed with the inks. 
I stamped and embossed the border around the outside of the mat and wrote inside some of the squares. 
I then cut out two hearts to fit the space in the middle and again sprayed these, then drew dots around the larger heart with a black pen. 
I stamped the border onto white card and wrote letters inside the squares, then cut out the squares which was really easy, and glued the letters inside the heart. Very simple but good messy fun! 

I adore the Square Borders stamp as it is a fab size for writing in or drawing little flowers, circles or whatever else you fancy! 

If you'd like a more detailed step-by-step, including how to create the texture,
 have a look on my blog.
Hope you have fun with  Oak House Studio products. Suz xxx

No comments: