Tuesday 23 September 2014

Up-cycled paper bag.

Here is another project for the September Autumnal Colours challenge. A recycled brown paper bag, courtesy of my local Chinese take-away. This was perfect for putting some magazines in that I'd bought for a fellow crafts (aged 97!!!).



Products used were:
Sunflower Stamp 
Copper Detail Embossing Powder
Inks in a bottle  (Brazil Nut, Citrus Lemon (Yellow), Paris Pink
I sprayed white A4 card with Brazil Nut then tore around it. I sprayed the ribbon with Citrus Yellow then Paris Pink and used it to give colour under the sunflowers, for the bow and bag handles. The sunflowers were stamped onto yellow card, embosssed with Copper Detail embossing powder, coloured with a mixture of the spray inks above then cut out and added.
I cut out the words on white card using my Cricut Mini and again variegated the colours by spraying in sections. A very simple way to dress up a plain old paper bag! 


For more pics and a bit more detail on the process click here. Suz xxx



5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fabulous way to recycle, fabulous warm autumnal colours xx

Claire Justine said...

Great idea, love the design :)

Sara Y said...

great way to jazz up a plain bag

Rebecca said...

I don't know why I hadn't noticed this before, it is lovely and would be great for home made gifts!

Crafty Humphreys said...

Thanks everyone. I don't like throwing things away if I can help it! Suz xxx