Wednesday 3 September 2014

Say Hello to Doreen Sympson

Hello, this is me 



Where to start  ?? I am married to Derek and have been for almost 29 years, we have a daughter Elizabeth and 2 grandchildren Jake and Faye. 

I have crafted for as long as I can remember doing anything from knitting to lacemaking, then about 8 years ago a friend of mine said have you ever made cards ? To start with I replied no, it really doesn’t interest me, to which she said “I will make you up a little kit of some bits and pieces and you can have a go, see what you come up with.“

Well that was me hooked !  I started first with card kits and was happy enough with them for a while then started to buy sentiment stamps to embellish them as there were not always the sentiments in the kits or in my collection of peel offs that I needed.  I have to say I still have the peel offs but do not turn to very often and would be better off trying to find someone to give them to so as they do get used. 

From then the idea of being able to stamp my own scenes became quite appealling afterall I only had to buy a stamp which fitted my desired theme and I could do what I wanted couldn’t I ? How hard could it be ? Harder than I realised, certainly a whole lot more to it than meets the eye !! With the help of the classroom lessons on create and craft, I learnt so much more and progressed gradually and then with encouragement from Facebook friends and family found myself hungry to progress even further.Then a friend introduced me to Oak House Studio products and then came a Design Team request open to all and I applied to become part of this Design Team and was lucky enough to be accepted, which makes me very happy and extremely proud to be a member of the Oak House Studio Design Team for the Autumn Season. 

I look forward to getting to know everyone and to working with you all.

Love
 Doreen

5 comments:

rachel said...

Hiya Doreen - this is a lovely piece and I feel i know you better already! Big hugs rachel x

Rebecca said...

Hi Doreen, I look forward to seeing everything you make with the gorgeous Oakhouse Studio products x

Doreen Sympson said...

Thank you Rachel x

Rebecca said...

Welcome Doreen, I like everything that I have seen of yours so far and very much look forward to seeing more. Congratulations!

x

Doreen Sympson said...

Thank you so much Rebecca, I am really looking forward to this experience as I expect we all are xx