Wednesday 17 September 2014

Autumnal Holly Leaves

Hello everyone hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.

I've been having a play with the holly leaf from the Big Christmas collection.  I started by stamping the leaves in a circular design very organically with black archival ink.  I then painted the whole image using neocolors II water soluble wax crayons.  I built the colours up gradually until I was happy with the depth.  I've added some gold acrylic and glitter to the leaves.  To finish off I added some red star gems in between the outer leaves.

The center of the card is made up of 5 leaves which have been stamped, coloured and cut out and then mounted using foam pads to give some depth.  

The berries are made from a selection of seed beads in a mix of red and gold - these were threaded onto some thin wire and just randomly twisted until they resembled a cluster of berries.

I've mounted this onto a cream A6 card to which I've stamped the leaves using the Spring Green and Dusky Rose pigment ink pads  - I added the dusky rose to the center of the leaf and then the spring green to the edges to get a two tone effect.



Until next time keep crafting.
Anita

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Love the holly leaves and so beautifully coloured. Great idea for the berries too!!

SLScheibe said...

It's really pretty Anita! I love the glitter and berries! :)

VonnyK said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the way you built up the colour in the centre and the holly leaves are lovely.
Have a great week,
Von

itsamistry said...

Thank you for your comments they're really appreciated.