Friday 12 April 2013

Stamping for 24 hours with one stamp


This weekend I am going to be tucked away in my studio working with ONE STAMP, so why would someone with such a huge stash of stamps decide to do that you might ask. Well it is simple, I am constantly amazed by how many people don't really get stamping and just what a stamp can do. Every open day we have at the studio complex I have my studio in, there will several people who just don't get it. I use the same sentences over and over again, A stamp is just a way to transfer a design, you can stamp on to metal, on to glass, on to plastic, on to fabrics, you can stamp into all sorts of clays like precious metal clays.
I once told a lady you could stamp on glass and she proceeded to ask if you could use this stamp, or that stamp and she must have pointed to 50% of the stamps we had in the shop at the time and believe me that was a lot of stamps.
So after this weekend I will have a shelf full of different projects using just one stamp. We did this last year and boy did we have a lot of fun and to be fair I could spend 24 hours with that same stamp and still do different projects.
This time it I have picked a stamp to challenge myself. A new stamp I haven't had that long that was designed to do a specific project, ie make a 5 pointed star ( Think western Christmas). Here are some images from that first project.











I am really pleased that a lot more people are joining in this time too. Well I hope we all enjoy this weekend, I hope we open some eyes and inspire people to try to do more with their stamps.

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Good luck - hope you enjoy yourself and I can't wait to see what you make!

debbi taylor said...

so looking forward to this... cannot wait to see what everyone creates!
hugs
Debbi x

Linda Simpson said...

I received my stamp today, Thank you :) I will be taking part too. I have a few ideas :)

Hugs
Linda xxx

Karen Petitt said...

I wish we lived closer as I would love to do this. Looking forward to seeing lots photo's of what you make hugs Karen

Sylvia said...

Fabulous work, good luck with the day.

Sylv xx
Crafty Bloggers Network(DT)