Tuesday 29 January 2013

First card for Oak House Studios........

Morning everyone, hope you're all having a good, crafty day......
Firstly, I'd like to say a big thanks to Lynnda for 'letting me loose' on her blog.....so trusting! ;-)
As she has said, as soon as I saw the request to be part of her Design Team, I was very interested and zapped a message.
 I remember seeing Lynnda on Create and Craft a few years ago, with the amazing Clematis stamps. At that time, I hadn't been cardmaking very long and typically my cards consisted of 'matting and layering' or 'kits', which, I know, is how we all start off.......so although I loved the stamps, I didn't buy.
 However,a while later, one of the family bought me a few little stamps and a tiny inkpad, and needless to say I was hooked! .........Stamping has come a very long way since we did 'lino-cutting' or chopping out half a spud to use as a stamp at primary school, don't you think??
Anyway, now that I'm a stamping & inking addict,  I've discovered Lynnda's stamps and products again...whoohoo!
So, the very first card for Oak House Studio is a very simple one made with some of the 
Colour Chemistry ink range Here, Heart Stamps Here and Embossing Powder Here
The black card and bronze metallic are from my own stash.
Hope you like it.




4 of the hearts heat embossed, cut out and mounted onto squares, cut with a Spellbinder die.




3 of the Colour Chemistry inks used on the background...Jubilee Red, Citrus Yellow and Golden Oak. The inks were sprayed randomly, then dabbed with kitchen roll to 'soften' the colours





The finished card with a computer generated 'Love You'. I thought the gorgeous colours just needed a very simple background.










I'll be back in a day or so with my next card.......and a much shorter post! (Hope you're all still awake)
Please leave a comment if you've enjoyed looking and don't forget to have a look at all the lovely products on sale in 

19 comments:

Lynnda's Blog said...

simple lovely, so many thanks Barbara,

Doreen said...

Gorgeous Barbara.xxx

Elaine said...

Love the subtle colouring of your backgrounds and those stamps look great!!

Pumpy said...

Thank to Barbara I am here, and had a good look and loved your hearts. xx

Eileen said...

Fabulous card Barbara.. Love the design and thanks for all the info.... off to shop again!!!!
Eileen xx

Lizzy R said...

I love this stamp set, I bought it when it was Create and Craft, It gets a lot of use.

Hellen Pearce said...

Lovely card Barbara, haven't seen these inks before - they're a bit scrummy! Hellen x

Elaine said...

Wow stunning card, the stamps are fab xx

Lazy Sunday said...

wow love the card, stamps are fab xx

Lazy Sunday said...

lovely card, stamps are fab xx

Lazy Sunday said...

lovely card, fab stamps xx

Lazy Sunday said...

lovely card, fab stamps xx

Joan said...

What a gorgeous card, I love those stamps, and the colour you have used are beautiful xxx

mags said...

A gorgeous creation. The images have been showcased so elegantly.
Mags
x

Janet said...

Very stylish - great colours and use of lovely stamps. x

Kaz H said...

I so have to have these stamps Lynnda they are gorgeous xxx

Unknown said...

I stayed awake Barbara ! :-) Fab posting n brilliant 'make' ! xx

Katy said...

This is so pretty! Love the different hearts!

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous results with the hearts, loving them. Make a lovely wall hanging. Carolxx